Radio-frequency identification (RFID) is the wireless non-contact use of radio-frequency electromagnetic fields to transfer data, for the purposes of automatically identifying and tracking tags attached to objects. The tags contain electronically stored information. RFID tags are used in many industries. An RFID tag attached to an automobile during production can be used to track its progress through the assembly line. Pharmaceuticals can be tracked through warehouses.
RFID can be used in a variety of applications, such as:
- Access management
- Inventory systems
- Tracking of goods
- Tracking of persons and animals
- Toll collection and contactless payment
- Machine readable travel documents (E-passport)
- Tracking sports memorabilia to verify authenticity
- Airport baggage tracking logistics
- Hospital and healthcare
Sysco's machines can accomodate materials of different density, thickness and composition based on the requirements of your application.